Creamy Chocolate Fudgesicles
green tea ice cream with dark chocolate earl gray fudge sauce!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 pinch of salt____
- Put the cream, milk, sugar, matcha powder, and salt in a heavy bottomed saucepan and whisk ingredients together until combined. Try and whisk the majority of lumps away, but don’t worry if it’s not perfectly smooth. The next step should help eliminate most of the lumps.
- Heat the mixture on medium-high heat until it comes to a full boil. Keep whisking until it starts to foam. At this point, your mixture should be pretty lump free — the heat will have eliminated most of the lumps. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and let it cool down. Cover, then refrigerate the mixture in the coldest part of your fridge for at least four hours, or, ideally, overnight.
- When the mixture has chilled, remove cover and give the mixture a whisk to bring it together. Churn for 20 - 25 minutes in an ice cream maker, or, according to your manufacturer’s instructions. Serve freshly spun — it will have an incredibly creamy texture (almost that of soft serve) at this point. For a more traditional ice cream texture, transfer to an airtight container and freeze overnight.fudge sauce recipe at the source!